If your user’s password has expired and user using only rdweb screen, they can change their password so easily.
This function is builtin on Remote Desktop but not enabled by default. In this article we will learn how to enable this function.
We start to enabling this feature.
- Start IIS Manager on your RDWeb Server
- Browse to [Server Name] – Sites – Default Web Site – RDWeb – Pages
- Open Application Settings
- Change the property PasswordChangeEnabled to true
- To test the password reset functionality browse to
and you will see this :
When users trying to login with expired password, they will see this screen :
Now, we should to enable the link on the login page. For this:
- Using an elevated notepad (or tool of your choice) edit the fileC:\Windows\Web\RDWeb\Pages\en-US\login.aspx
- Go down to line 583 and add the following line<a href=”/RDWeb/Pages/en-US/password.aspx”>Password Reset Utility</a>
- Save the page
- Browsing to the login page for RDweb and verify the change